FAQs

Here’s what we hear a lot of developers say

Will I be restricted to no-code on the platform?

While you can make full, complex business applications with the no-code features of Betty Blocks, you can of course include coded customizations. The platform has a fully open API and various standard export, import and integration options (including SOAP / REST web services, CSV import / export, etc.). Data can always be extracted from the Betty Blocks application (or from another system within Betty Blocks), and you can make custom elements outside of Betty Blocks applications and connect them to the platform. So, you won’t be limited to no-code development and there will always room to show off your programming skills.

Can’t I work more hours (and make more money) with traditional coding?

Using a no-code platform, you can get more work done for clients within the same amount of time. In a 6 week project time frame, let’s say you create 80% of the application with manual coding. With a no-code platform, you can exceed expectations and be of value for the other 20% and deliver more to your client. And how good would that feel?

Can’t I code faster than I could work with no-code anyway?

With a no-code platform like Betty Blocks, you don’t have to perform the same installations, deployments, and runtimes that you do with traditional coding. Rollbacks and minor changes are far easier on a no-code platform, and there is no need to actually set up a development environment, because the platform is secure right out of the box. In this way, it also helps prevent building errors.

What is Betty Blocks’ vision of the relationship between IT departments and citizen developers?

Programmers should generally be actively involved in overseeing all citizen developer projects to eliminate the risk of shadow IT and too many unmonitored applications running throughout the organization, and the Betty Blocks platform allows IT departments to have an overhead view of all app activity.


IT departments can also use citizen developers to alleviate their backlog by delegating administrative and reporting apps, for example, so that programmers can focus on the bigger mission-critical projects.


We see the relationship between organizations’ IT departments and citizen developers to be one of collaboration, training, and mentoring. Training and mentoring can help citizen developers gain new skill sets, more confidence, and learn new working techniques so they they will become better equipped to align with IT’s expertise and goals.


No-code also helps with real-time collaboration between developers. In addition to supporting real-time updates that allow multiple developers to work on the same application simultaneously, there is also no confusion related to interpreting someone else’s code.

Some parting words

Admittedly, as a no-code platform we’re a bit biased. We can shout all of this as loud as we want and there will still be skepticism from the developers out there. And we wouldn’t expect anything less from such a passionate bunch ;) So give us a shout back. What’s your biggest hang-up with no-code? What would you need to see to change your mind?

We’ll look forward to hearing from you!

Tom Oudhuis

VP of Channel Sales